- A 90 lb to 100 lb (8 - 9 months old) Lamb yields about 34 lbs meat. Total.
- A 120 lb to 130 lb Hogget, Yearling, Mutton yields between 40 lbs and 43 lbs meat. Total.
- Grass pastured animals are smaller and leaner than that you would get in the store.
- 50 lbs of meat will normally fit into a 2.25 cubic foot freezer.
- How one trims the Fell from the cuts greatly influences the intensity of flavor.
- Katahdin sheep are a breed of hair sheep developed in Maine in the 1950s and are uniquely American.
- Never grained, Humane and Organic Certification, No Hormones, Anti-biotics, Non-GMO. We do sometimes need to treat our livestock with medications. These animals are not offered for sale as meat animals.
WHAT WILL I GET?
- Whole Box (@36 lbs for lamb, 40 lbs for Hogget, Yearling, Mutton)
1 bone-in Shoulder Roast
16 Loin Chops (in packets with 4 chops per packet)
2 Frenched Racks of Lamb
2 Bone-in Leg Roasts
@4 lbs Ground Lamb (1 lb packets)
@2 lbs Stew/Kabob meat (1 lb packets)
Recipes & Prep Tips
- Half Box (@18 lbs for lamb, 20 lbs for Hogget, Yearling, Mutton)
1 Bone-In Shoulder Roast
8 Loin Chops (in packets with 4 chops per packet)
1 Frenched Rack of Lamb
1 Bone-In Leg Roast
2 lbs ground lamb (1 lb packets)
1 lb Stew/Kabob meat (1 lb packet)
Recipes & Prep Tips
HOW SHOULD I ORDER?
Fill out the Order Form and either:
- Email Andrea Young at email@example.com
- Call Andrea Young at 301-580-9119.
- We can take Credit Cards but will have to charge a 2.5% card fee.
- Send a non-refundable deposit check with your Order Form to:
Hidden Creek Farm LLC
2591 Triplett Turn
Delaplane, VA 20144
WHEN SHOULD I ORDER?
Lamb, Hogget, Yearling, and Mutton are all ready for pre-order at this time for pick-up or delivery in 2019 and 2020.
- Lamb will be available for farm pickup or delivery between late October 2019 through Easter and Eid al-Fitr 2020.
- Hogget, Yearling Mutton, and Mutton is available at any time with a 2-1/2 month pre-order.
- Please note that we are usually sold out of all animals well before Eid al-Fitr.
- We will need about 2-1/2 to 3 months notice to get a slot at the processing facility. All of our animals are harvested humanely. We only trust a few processing facilities with our animals, and scheduling time slots can be difficult, especially around Holidays. Pre-orders allow us to manage the process and ensure that we have product for our customers.